1 dead, at least 13 injured in shootings so far this weekend – NBC Chicago
Chicago Police said one person has died and at least 13 others have been injured in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
The first fatal shooting occurred in the 900 block of West 59th Street on Friday at around 11:55 p.m., as a 27-year-old man was driving and a stranger inside a black sedan was driving. approached him and fired, police said.
The man was repeatedly hit all over his body and his car crashed into two unoccupied parked vehicles, police said. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
No one was in custody on Saturday afternoon and zone 1 detectives are continuing to investigate.
Here are the rest of the weekend shoots so far:
- In the 6900 block of South Eggleston at around 8:04 p.m., a 26-year-old man and another man of unknown age were inside an apartment when they were both shot and wounded by a stranger, a indicated the police. The 26-year-old man was shot in the leg and left arm. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition. The second man was shot in the head and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition.
- At approximately 10:05 p.m. in the 2800 block of West Adams, two men were discovered in a vehicle with gunshot wounds and transported to hospitals in serious condition, police said. A 15-year-old man was shot in the neck and taken to Stroger Hospital. The other man, 19, was shot in the chest and arm and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
- A 14-year-old man was outside on a porch in the 4100 block of the West West End around 10:15 p.m. with a group of people when he was shot in the neck, police said. He was first reported in critical condition and taken to Stroger Hospital.
- At around 11:56 p.m. in South Holland’s 8700 block, a teenager and girl – both 16 – were walking when they heard gunshots and felt pain, police said. The boy was shot in the chin while the girl suffered a scraped leg. Police said it does not appear they were the intended targets. They were taken to the Little Company of Mary Hospital and are both in good condition. The boy has since been transferred to Stroger Hospital.
- In the 3500 block of South Kendzie at around 12:25 a.m., a 47-year-old woman was driving when she was shot in the face after being caught between crossfire from occupants of two vehicles shooting at each other, police said. She was not the intended target, police said, and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition.
- At around 2:02 a.m., a 41-year-old man was standing outside in 0-100 block in North Long when he was shot and killed by a stranger, police said. He suffered a scraped arm and was transported undamaged to West Suburban Hospital.
- In the 1500 block of West Cornelia at around 2:50 a.m., a 36-year-old man was discovered in a vehicle with gunshot wounds to his back and legs. He was reported in serious condition and taken to the Illinois Masonic Hospital.
- A 27-year-old man was a passenger in a car parked in the 5100 block of West Agatite at around 2:59 a.m. when an unknown person approached and asked for money, police said. They said they did not have one and left at that point, the individual fired shots, hitting him in the groin. He was taken to Community First Hospital and then transferred to Illinois Masonic where he is in critical condition.
- At around 2:59 a.m. in the 1500 block of South Homan, two people were in a moving vehicle when a stranger inside a passing blue vehicle fired shots, hitting them both, said indicated the police. A 33-year-old woman was shot in the arm and transported undamaged to Mount Sinai Hospital. The second man, 31, suffered a scrape and refused medical treatment.
- A 30-year-old man was walking in the 7600 block of South Chicago around 3 a.m. when he was shot in the foot, police said. He did not see the assailant or know where the shots were coming from and attended the University of Chicago Medical Center where he is in fair condition.