K-State Olathe is seeking applications for a Director of Commercial and Financial Services. This position will be responsible for all aspects of financial management of K-State Olathe (80%) and oversight of staff and services related to building facilities and operations, including security, AV/IT and event management (20%). Oversee financial management and processes for KOIC and K-State Olathe (operating through Kansas State University). This includes all income, expenses, payroll, capital improvements, bond issues and banking relationships. Prepare, monitor and oversee the overall budget and finances of K-State Olathe. Work with KOIC Board of Trustees, JCERT Authority, and Board of Trustees for approval and reporting of campus budget and finances. These functions also include monthly management reports, financial reports, annual audited financial statements and JCERT audit. Support the CEO with financial planning, business models and analysis to support the operation and growth of the campus and its programs. Provide on-campus center financial operations analysis and support (sensory research and consumption). Develop and oversee SRO policies and procedures, provide support for on-campus grant and contract activities, and support the administration of on-campus research activities. Continue to evaluate and develop financial policies and procedures for campus operations.
Financial management responsibilities include:
• Develop and coordinate financial processes with the Executive Assistant: expenses, deposits, bank accounts and record keeping.
• Develop and oversee financial policies for the Olathe campus, coordinating their integration with Manhattan policies and procedures where possible.
• Work with the CEO to establish annual and capital budgets and monitor actual performance.
• Develop financial plans for programs and operations.
• Provide sound and relevant financial reports for campus management, university use, and review by the JCERT Authority.
• Risk Management: Oversee insurance coverage for property, liability and automobile insurance.
• Oversee payroll and reporting functions for the campus and assist the HR function.
• Develop and maintain cost of operations for SRO, JCERT compliance and rental/event fees.
• Work with the Manhattan campus on the RCM budget model and its implementation for the Olathe campus, including tuition and fee policies.
• Responsible for coordination of contracts, negotiations to include relationship management and leasing activities; and ensuring compliance with the University’s legal procedures.
• Coordinate and evaluate internal controls and assess any control weaknesses and implement corrective actions.
• Maintain/supervise and monitor detailed reconciliations and all financial ledger activities.
• Coordinate all audit activities and the preparation of the annual financial report.
• Work with banks, auditors and other external vendors for quarterly and annual close.
- Coordinate all grant activities and federal fundraising expenditures.
• Helps manage scholarship initiatives.
• Provide enrollment data and analytics for reporting and planning purposes.
• Other assigned duties.
This position will also be responsible for supervising staff and services related to building facilities and operations, including security, AV/IT and event management.
The position is full-time, exempt and eligible for benefits: health insurance, life insurance, pension plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more, visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with colleagues, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting Principles of community.
To be successful, you will need:
Requires a bachelor’s degree and five to ten years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce or in an appropriate field
• 8 years of experience in Finance
• MBA or master’s degree in accounting preferred
• Experience in higher education
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to register:
Questions regarding the specifics of the position can be directed to Dr. Jackie Spears, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Chair of the Search Committee at [email protected]
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Roberta Robinson at [email protected] (913.307.7316).
Selection of applications begins:
Immediately and until the position is filled.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer for Persons with Disabilities and Protected Veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Check Statement:
As part of your job application, Kansas State University will provide you with a background screen as part of the review process for your application as an employee.